London, October 21st 2017


What are the visas for those coming to visit relatives and friends in the UK

Posted by Larissa Traynor as blog, imigration news, news


UK Visa

With many events scheduled for the coming months, the UK should receive hundreds of thousands of visitors. Many take advantage of the opportunity to visit friends or relatives who live here. And many will be hosted by the houses of these people. Hence the question: how to help them with the visa requested by the Border Agency in the country. This week we will describe the different categories of visitors to the UK.

If people are coming here as visitors, they are allowed to stay for up to 6 months in most cases. If they want to stay for more than six months, they have to learn about which category best suits the specific case. Among the categories of visas are student, husband / wife and family, civil partnership; work, this being divided between skilled, temporary workers, workers with exceptional talent, entrepreneurs and investors.

But if it’s just a visit, the Border Agency sets out certain topics. If they want to visit the UK as tourists or to stay with friends, they must apply as visitors. For this, they must provide certain documents to support this application, such as information about employment in the country of origin, where they will stay, and details such as dates of arrival and departure.

If tourists want to visit family members, they can apply as visitors-family. For this, they must be able to show that they are visiting the following members: father, mother, son, daughter, grandfather, grandmother, grandson, granddaughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousins.

If Brazilians are coming on business, the must apply as business visitors. This includes academics and doctors with a commitment to their specific clinical area. If they want to come as entrepreneurs and spend time in the country to ensure the opening of a business, they must apply for a visa entrepreneurial potential.

If they are coming to study up to 6 months, they are not able to work while in here, and will receive student visitor visa. But if the case of student under Tier 4 of the points-based system, but not yet completed the arrangements for the course, they may be able to apply for a visa as potential students.

Now, if someone has a child under the age of 12 who will study in the UK under Tier 4 (Child) of the points-based system, it can apply as a parent of a child in school. However, the rules for this type of visa are quite extensive, and the Border Agency will ensure that parents do not engage in any gainful activity, does not intend to remain as residents, have enough money to support the entire family, including studies of the child.

There are also special provisions for athletes, coaches, officials and media representatives who are coming to London during the Olympic and Paralympic Games, and these must be approved by the Organizing Committee, the LOCOG. But if you want to participate in sporting events, they can apply as visitors in the area of ​​sports or a company that allows pay commitments. Coming into the last topic, the immigrant must meet the requirements for the approval of the Tier 5 (temporary workers – creative and sporting events) the points-based system.

Finally, if one wishes to attend a hearing in the UK as an artist, there is the possibility of entering the visitor’s visa in the theater or visiting with an undertaking paid. However, it should also fulfill the requirements that are in the visa under Tier 5.

Any questions about visas, LondonHelp4U can help. With a team of immigration consultants duly registered and recognized by the British government, we obtained 100% success in our visa applications in 2011. Trust your future who knows what they do!