Family Visa: how to bring family members to the UK

Many immigrants living in the UK have questions about bringing family members to England. You must apply for Family Visa for that. Here’s who’s qualified to bring dependents and how the process works:

Who can bring dependents?

Those who wish to become family providers in the UK, must be British citizenship holders or have Permanent Residence in the country.

“It is also necessary that the provider has a minimum annual income, plus an extra income for each dependent,” explains Francine Mendonça.

Who fits as a family member?

– Children and grandchildren: for children under 21, it is enough prove to have custody. For those over 21, it is necessary to prove that they are economically dependent on the provider

– Parents and grandparents: it is necessary to prove that they need the help of the provider and that they had previously lived together

– Adopted: regularly adopted family members and by laws recognized in the UK, have the same rights as other dependents

Extended family members

Brothers, uncles, cousins ​​and nephews can also become dependent. However, proof of dependency by the British government is stricter. It is necessary to show that both family members already had a strong bond previously, beyond the economic necessity.

How to apply?

If you would like to bring some family members to live with you in the UK, please contact LondonHelp4U. We are an immigration company with 18 years of experience in visa and citizenship processes.

8 thoughts on “Family Visa: how to bring family members to the UK

  1. Eliany Reply

    Sou casada com europeu e resido há londres há aproximamente dois anos, meu irmão mora comigo( ele tem mais de 21 anos) acabei de receber meu residence card, posso aplicar para ele?

    • Marketing Post authorReply

      Eliany, vamos entrar em contato através do seu email para enviar as informações sobre como podemos te ajudar neste caso. Obrigado!

  2. Paulo Santos Reply

    Tenho 2 filhas no Brasil que vão fazer 20 anos. Posso aplicar p elas?

    • Marketing Post authorReply

      Olá Paulo, nossos consultores precisam entender melhor o seu caso para aconselhar o melhor caminho imigratório para sua família. Vamos enviar email com informações de como podemos ajudar. Obrigado!

  3. Cleiri Reply

    Minha irmã mora no Brasil, eu tenho passaporte europeu, ela poderia vir morar comigo em Londres? Ela pode ter visto de trabalho aqui?

    • Marketing Post authorReply

      Olá Cleiri, precisamos de mais informações para entender oc aso e orientar corretamente. Vamos enviar um e-mail com informações de como podemos ajudar. Obrigado!

  4. Gabriela manfre Reply

    Ola, meu irmao mora em londres ja tem 1 ano, e eu quero ir morar com ele la, queria saber se eu como irmã posso ir legalmente, como eu teria q prosseguir? Obrigada

    • Marketing Post authorReply

      Olá Gabriela, nossos consultores podem te aconselhar corretamente sobre este caso. Enviaremos um email com informações. Obrigado!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *