If you plan to study, work or even immigrate to the UK it is necessary to know if you need to apply for a visa in the country. Immigration in the UK is every year more rigid and severe, so it’s good to worry about documentation in advance. We have gathered the most common questions about visa in the UK:

Do you need a tourist visa to visit the UK?

Brazilian tourists do not need a visa as long as the trip does not exceed 180 days and they are sure to gather some documents in order to pass with more tranquility by immigration. British immigration is investigating the purpose of the trip. Therefore, the authorities usually request a return ticket presentation, proof of financial capacity to stay in the UK, hotel reservations, etc.

In some cases, if you are staying at a family or friend’s house it is recommended a letter-invitation in English. In addition, the passport must be valid throughout the period of stay in the United Kingdom.

What are the criteria for applying for a student visa?

Short-term – for individuals who wish to study in the UK in courses lasting up to 11 months can apply for short-term visa. To do this you have to have an offer to take a course at a teaching institution recognized by the UK Border agency and have financial resources to stay for the entire period of the course. It is not possible to extend this visa, which lasts for 1 to 11 months.

Tier 4 – to study in the UK in Higher education (undergraduate, master degree etc) or for courses lasting more than 11 months, you must apply for Tier 4 visa. For this you must have an offer to take a course in a teaching institution recognized by the UK Border agency, be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language, with certificate recognized by the Home Office at the level Intermediate, possess sufficient resources to stay during the course and be from a country that does not belong to the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

How to get a work visa in the UK?

There are two ways to work visa in the UK.

Qualified professionals – to apply for this visa, it is necessary to have a job offer and a sponsorship certificate from a UK employer who has a valid Tier 2 license. We also need an offer of an annual minimum wage of £20,800.

Internal company Transfer – the Tier 2 visa is also destined for multinational companies that are being transferred by their employer to a British branch of the Organization on a long-term or short-lived basis. For professionals who will stay for a long time, it is necessary to have a minimum wage of £41.500 or £24.800 for short duration.

Can I live and work in the UK with my European citizenship with Brexit?

Despite all the daily news on the subject, so far there has been no mandatory change that Europeans need to acquire with the Brexit. Therefore, all those carriers of the EU passport can work and live in the UK without visa until the end date of the EU exit, which is scheduled to take place on 31 October.


Do you want to talk to us? Contact us by phone HelpLineUK 24h + 44 78 91764830 or + 44 0207 636 8500 (UK) or by email info@londonhelp4u.co.uk.Tire your questions, make an appointment, become easy and quick bureaucratic processes with the help of #LH4U.  For more tips and information about immigration, follow our social networks and website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *