Tag: Remove term: Work Visa Work Visa

Tier 2 - Work visa for UK

Tier 2 – Work visa for the UK

The Tier 2 visa is applicable to skilled professionals who wish to work in the UK. This category is for non-European nationals who have been offered a skilled job to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker. In order to apply for this visa, the candidate must have a job offer and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid Tier 2 sponsorship license.

Getting sponsored
The candidate needs to be employed by a licensed sponsor to apply to live in the UK. The sponsor checks that the professional can do the job they are hiring for and if it qualifies for a visa. They will assign a certificate of sponsorship to prove this. They must also give other information the candidate needs to apply, for example how much salary he will be paid.

The minimum salary required is £ 20,800 per year. For experienced workers, the minimum required an increase to £ 30,000 per year.

Visa Length of Stay
The candidate can come to the UK with a Tier 2 General visa for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days, or the time given on their certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter. He can arrive in the UK up to 14 days before the start date on the certificate of sponsorship.

Extension and New Job
It`s possible to apply to extend this visa for up to 5 years, as long as the total stay is not more than 6 years. Tier 2 workers on this visa who wish to leave their job and work for a new employer will need to apply for a new tier 2 visa.

The holder of a Tier 2 Visa can study in the UK (as long as it doesn’t interfere with the job sponsored), bring family members to the country and travel abroad and return to the UK. Family members can be husband, wife or partner, a child under 18 and a child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant.

The Tier 2 Visa also include these following categories:
– Minister of religion – For people who have been offered employment or posts or roles within their faith communities in the UK.

– Sportsperson – For elite sportspeople and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level, and will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport.

– Intra company transfer – For employees of multinational companies who are being transferred by their overseas employer to a UK branch of the organization.

LondonHelp4U have been preparing visa applications for 18 years. This service includes all advice and work needed for an immigration application. Our specialist team will case manage every detail of your application to ensure that once submitted your application has the greatest possible chance of being successful. If you need any other information or want to book an appointment, please contact us: 020 7636 8500, Helpline 07891764830, info@londonhelp4u.co.uk.